AIAG-VDA FMEA - The Transition Plan for Practitioners
Time & Location
About the Event
This Live Virtual Workshop will assist in transitioning from the AIAG FMEA 4th Edition to the AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook. Learn to execute Process FMEA according the new handbook by achieving a deeper understanding of the explicit and subtle changes, along with high impact benefits that will bring your organization’s PFMEA to the next level of manufacturing process design robustness.
By the end of this training you will be able to describe, analyze, exemplify and apply the improvements in the AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook. Additionally, you will gain the skills necessary to evaluate the consistency of PFMEA application, measure its effectiveness and efficiency within your organization, and develop a Transition Implementation Plan from the AIAG FMEA 4th Edition methodology to the 7-Step approach recommended by the AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook.
- Describe major changes, improvements, and benefits on the foundations of Process FMEA execution when comparing AIAG FMEA 4th Edition to the new AIAG & VDA FMEA manuals
- Analyze major changes and improvements adopted in the new AIAG & VDA FMEA handbook by completing a detailed comparison between AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook to the AIAG 4th Edition manual
- Exemplify major changes, improvements, and benefits of Process FMEAs execution when comparing a PFMEA prepared using AIAG FMEA 4th Edition Manual to a PFMEA prepared using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook
- Identify the major changes and improvements when evaluating the content of a Process FMEA prepared using AIAG FMEA 4th Edition Manual compared to a PFMEA prepared using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook
- Evaluate the consistency of PFMEA application cases
- Measuring PFMEA effectiveness, efficiency, and linkage to the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Develop a Transition Implementation Plan from AIAG FMEA 4th Edition to AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Recommended for Core Process FMEA Team to include process/manufacturing engineers, ergonomic engineers, process validation engineers, quality/reliability engineers, project managers, FMEA moderators/facilitators, auditors, and other roles with a background and experience with AIAG Process FMEA.
Overview of the Major Changes, Improvements, and Benefits of the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook. Detailed introduction chapter emphasizing and clarifying the foundations necessary to develop a robust FMEA.
- Applying 7-Steps approach - a more instrumental, integrated with lessons learned, and error-proofing driven method to develop FMEAs
- PFMEA 1st Step – Planning and Preparation.
- PFMEA 2nd Step – Structure Analysis.
- PFMEA 3rd Step – Function Analysis.
- PFMEA 4th Step – Failure Analysis.
- PFMEA 5th Step – Risk Analysis.
- PFMEA 6th Step – Optimization.
- PFMEA 7th Step – Communication
- Process Flow, PFMEA, Control Plan, and Work Instruction Linkages
- Comparing a PFMEA prepared using AIAG FMEA 4th Edition Manual to a PFMEA prepared using the new AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook
- PFMEA effectiveness, efficiency, and linkage to the Cost of Poor Quality (COPQ)
- Transition Implementation Plan from AIAG FMEA 4th Edition to AIAG & VDA FMEA Handbook
Combining the best of online and traditional face-to-face learning, Live Virtual Workshops use web-based teleconferencing technologies to bring your team together with our experienced instructors in an interactive learning environment. We have always believed interactivity, application, and group discussion are critical parts of an effective and sustainable learning experience. To ensure that these values hold true, and every participant can build the same caliber of knowledge, each workshop includes the following Live Virtual functionality and features:
- Trainers & Moderators: For every session, both trainers and moderators will be present and accessible to ensure optimal interaction for each participant, upholding the intimacy of a face-to-face training. Participants can use chat and “raise hand” features, speak directly to trainers, moderators, and other participants, and share their screen all in real-time.
- Exercises & Break-out Rooms: Throughout the session, participants will be assigned to teams and split into team breakout rooms to privately complete group activities and discussions, then return to the larger group to present. There will also be quizzes (polls) throughout to measure knowledge retention throughout the units.
- Digital Learning Package & Shipped Materials: Depending on the course, participants may be mailed a hardcopy of the Participant Training Book and/or receive a digital learning package complete with training handouts, case studies, digital workbooks, and a virtual platform user-guide.
- Technical Support & Resources: On-Demand New to Live Virtual Training and Consulting technology? We’ve prepared resources and user guides to help you navigate the Zoom Live Virtual conferencing technology and will have live support on-hand just in case you need a little extra help. We'll also allow you to join the session 30 minutes earlier and a moderator will guide you in experiencing the key functionalities and features used in the virtual platform.
- EARLY BIRDSRM2,100RM2,1000RM0
- NORMAL PRICERM2,500RM2,5000RM0